Stage 2 Water Restrictions
September 17, 2015
Please be advised that all Cowichan Bay Waterworks District customers are under Stage 2 Sprinkling Regulations effective Sept 18, 2015.
During Stage 2 the following restrictions apply:
- Owners or residents of even-numbered civic addresses are permitted to water on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 6:00am and 8:00am OR between 8:00pm and 10:00pm (2 hours maximum per scheduled day).
- Owners or residents of odd-numbered civic addresses are permitted to water on Thursdays and Sundays between 6:00am and 8:00am OR between 8:00pm and 10:00pm (2 hours maximum per scheduled day).
- Automatic sprinkling systems must be programmed to match Stage 2 permitted dates and times or be manually operated to comply.
- Commercial enterprises which require water to facilitate normal business activities, such as power washing companies or window washing companies, are permitted unless ordered otherwise by the District.
- Washing of cars, boats, driveways and houses is permitted.
- Hand watering of trees, shrubs, flowers, or vegetables is permitted on any day of the week between 6:00am and 8:00am OR between 8:00pm and 10:00pm by use of a hose with a spring-loaded nozzle or by bucket (maximum 2 hours per day).
- Micro irrigation or drip irrigation systems may be utilized anytime to a maximum of 4 hours per day.