There are a number of easy ways to save water, and they all start with at home. When you save water, you save the environment and money on your utility bills. Here are just a few ways:
- Call a water supplier to fill your pool. Permits are not being issued in 2023.
- install a rain water collection barrel to water flowers and vegetables
- install an irrigation system and set it to water at night when it is cooler
- plant native species to reduce water use during droughts
- let you lawn grow longer and go brown; it always greens up when the rains start again
- call the office if you see a fire hydrant being used by anyone other than a water operator or a fire fighter during a fire. Water theft costs us all.